The next generation of the RT80 is here with a modular design that lets you switch from tracks to tires in the field, saving you time and money. Versatile and productive, this mid-size machine packs a heavy-duty punch; perfect for larger trenching jobs and vibratory plowing. Powered by a turbocharged Deutz®, Tier 4 diesel engine with 74.5 gross hp (62 kW), the RT80 not only gives you the performance you need but the reliability you demand. Plus, a narrower footprint gives you greater access to tight urban and residential areas, with increased rear-steer functionality and automatic centering for easier control. And like with all Ditch Witch® products, this trencher is engineered with the toughest components on the market for longer product life.
POWER AND PRODUCTIVITY
- The RT80 ride-on trencher is powered by a 74.5-hp (62 kW) Deutz®, Tier-4 diesel engine for a broad range of applications. A Tier-4i engine is also available for less regulated countries.
- The versatile and productive mid-size machine is ideal for heavy-duty trenching, vibratory plowing and microtrenching jobs in urban and residential areas where larger machines cannot fit. Backhoe and reel carrier attachments are also available.
- The RT80 features superior axle capacity for a best-in-class static-load rating of 35,407 lbs (16,060 kg) and 39,000 lbs (17,690 kg) with the wide axle.
- When equipped with a plow, the machine has a best-in-class 35,215 lbs (156,644 N) of breakout force for plowing applications.
- Operating parameters are matched to each attachment, maximizing package performance in every configuration.
- Speed settings are optimized for performance based on whether the unit has tracks or tires, providing operators with a machine configured for its specific application.
INNOVATIVE, RUGGED DESIGN
- With a narrower footprint than its predecessor at 81.5 inches, when equipped with tracks, the RT80 can be loaded on a standard drop-deck trailer and provides increased accessibility to residential and urban areas.
- A wide-axle option is available for users who prefer the wider stance.
- A standard-duty narrow-axle option continues to be available for tractors equipped with rubber tires only.
- The RT80’s modular track-frame design is the simplest in the industry and improves machine versatility and utilization by allowing tracks and tires to be interchanged in the field.
- An updated hood design helps pull away high air temperatures to keep the machine running cooler and improve operator comfort.
- The backfill blade arm has a similar heavy-duty design to the RT125 and RT125 Quad tractors for added strength and durability.
- The RT80 features an all-new, heavy-duty track frame assembly – designed and built by the Ditch Witch organization – with each assembly weighing 1,500 lbs (680.4 kg), which helps provide a low center of gravity for increased stability, production and drawbar.
- A new, ergonomic, rotating high-back seat rotates 90 degrees with the operator for easier, more comfortable operation.
- The improved design adds additional operator room for greater comfort.
- The 4.3-inch color LCD engine display provides all engine information and diagnostics, increasing ease-of-operation.
- A newly designed venturi hood reduces temperature levels near the operator’s station, improving overall comfort.